I’ve done a few things so far this summer to prepare for K4, our first year of Foundations.
- Lots of prayer! I memorized two verses as I made final choices of curriculum and such.
“I pray this: that your love will keep growing in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you can approve the things that are superior and can be pure and blameless in the day of Christ.” Phil 1:9-10
“And wherever you turn, to the right or to the left, your ears will hear this command behind you: ‘This is the way, walk in it’.” Isaiah 30:21
- Hung frames to use as whiteboards for memory work. I’m not 100% satisfied with how it looks yet, so I may keep tweaking it, but I like the idea so far.
- Uploaded my Cycle 1 audio CDs to my phone. Still have the last one to do!
- Created a tutor lesson plan template to fit my needs. If you like it, you can download here!
- Selected a math curriculum. We will be trying Right Start Math Level A as our first math adventure!
- Read The Core (loved it!! I recommend this to anyone, not just CCers!)
- Read through my Foundations Guide, pretty much cover to cover! This was recommended in our tutor training and I highly recommend it, for any one new to CC. I have such a better understanding now of what we are going to do and it actually seems like less information that I originally thought!
We have a few trips coming up, so this may be the bulk of my prep before school starts. How about you? Have you been busy over summer? Picked out any curriculum or methods yet?