Cookies made with garbanzo beans? Who knew?! No eggs or flour, no dairy besides in the chocolate chips – these are a healthier option to satisfy my preggo sweet tooth 🙂 A friend passed this recipe along to me and I vote YUM! Super easy to make too 🙂
Chocolate Chickpea Cookies
1 1/4 c. canned chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry with paper towels
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c. natural peanut butter
1/4 c. honey
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
1. Combine all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a food processor until smooth
2. Stir in chocolate chips using spoon or spatula
3. With wet hands, form round balls and place on parchment lined or non-stick baking sheet.
4. Press them down to form “cookie shape” as they do not really rise or spread out much in the oven. I like mine a little on the thinner side, but it’s up to you!
5. Bake for no more than 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Use your nose to know when they are done; good “cookie in the oven” smell = they are probably ready!
6. Enjoy one or two! But not all twelve. Give some to a friend, stat!
Oh, and cute story about cooking with kids. My little one got her little fingers onto a couple of these before I finished taking pictures 🙂