A few of the things we did this week, with my 4 year old and 2 year old for cycle 1, week 1 of Classical Conversations.
- Began each day with bible. We are currently making our way through A Child’s First Bible by Kenneth Taylor. We read and go over the questions for a few pages each day.
- Worked on memory work a little each day. Some days it was one subject, some days 2 or 3. I love having the info up on the wall – it is so accessible so we refer to it often.
- Geography – Drew out our Fertile Crescent map and made a little chant with hand motions. Picture our arms held up in a “V” to show Euphrates and Tigris River 🙂
- History – Drew pictures of the first 5 commandments, and sang and sang and sang the song from the Audio CDs. Elizabeth LOVES this one!
- Science – Found a praying mantis outside. Played with him (her?) a bit and learned her scientific classification. Also made hand motions for “kingdom, phylum, etc” starting with arms wide and getting closer and closer together 🙂
- Fine Arts – Owl Drawing. Talked about circles, dots, curved line, straight lines and angled lines.